Can you do pancakes?....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 26-192.colcpe.cableone.net (24.116.26.192) on Saturday, April 13, 2002 at 11:01am :

In Reply to: Not to be a party-pooper, but posted by Inby from sdn-ar-001waseatP120.dialsprint.net (168.191.230.80) on Friday, April 12, 2002 at 9:28pm :

: I'm not sure I'd get too excited about this one. This report appears similar to the "sunken city off Cuba" story. For all its supposed groundbreaking scientific importance things have been pretty quiet over there. My money's on the "prehistoric collapsed limestone shelf covered with coral" theory, rather than the pre-Mayan technocracy from the stars theory.
: Dollars to doughnuts this Indian city of huge ancient proportions is another geologic phenom. When I'm shown to be wrong and have wiped the egg from my face I'll be happy to make omelettes for everyone here.

:
: : There is a quote in there from Graham Hancock. You might know him from such books as The Sign and the Seal where he puts forth his thoughts on the Ark of the Covenant residing in Ethiopia. I've always thought of him as nothing more than a fringe writer, but I guess he actually goes on legit expeditions. BTW, he's a journalist by trade, not an archaeologist.

: : --Micah

Just kidding, of course. This would be a tremendous find, if it pans out. I think I will wait for the concrete ( 5000 year old pottery will suffice), evidence before placing an order with you Inby. A question. Is that really water damage to the Sphinx? Certain geologists say so,( and they are true scientists), as opposed to archaeologists who actually partiscipate in a discpline. I always found it amusing, that back 30 years ago when I majored in anthropology, there was little true science involved in my curriculum. It is no wonder that the field is wide open for the fringe element. You don't get many fringe mathmaticians. Please excuse the spelling errors, as I just got out of bed, and the old brain isn't working. Where's my coffee?. regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com