Here's a point.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 at 5:19pm :

In Reply to: Lucas Wants to Begin Work on Indy 4...NEXT WEEK!! posted by James from host-216-78-21-76.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.21.76) on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 at 10:38am :

: Last night on Entertainment Tonight, they showed a brief segment from the BAFTA awards. Leonard Maltin asked both Harrison Ford and George Lucas about it, with Lucas dropping the biggest bombshell.

:
: FORD: It's going to happen. It's going to happen. We have what we all believe to be a good idea. There's a lot of work ahead of us, but we are all looking foward to it.

: LUCAS: If I finish up with Episode 2 this week I have to begin work on INDY 4 next week.

:
: I knew they wouldn't wait until Episode III is finished to do it!

xxxxxxxxxxx
I know that there are some that don't want to see Indy ever ride again. I also know that there are those that feel that they were cheated out of two or three sequels. What has not been brought up is the fact that maybe the only reason we are getting a movie at all is the fact that the makers are intrigued by the idea of an older Indiana Jones. Nobody originally wanted to make another one after Crusade. In an interview taken at the time, Ford said that he was getting a bit old to play the character the way he wanted to play him. What changed? I say that it was the thought of playing Indy in his twilight years that got Ford interested in Indiana Jones again. In a way, they had to reveal more and more about the Indy character in each movie to keep you interested. The last one could be great, with the greatest insight into the character. I believe that Spielberg, Ford, and Lucas really have wanted to bring you another Indy for a couple years now. Lucas (who has gotten the most abuse {from some of us so called "fans"}) has really been the most busy. It is easy to see why he has been so standoffish at the prospect of making Indy in-between Star Wars movies. The average fan has no idea how much work a technical movie like Star Wars or Indy really is for someone like Lucas. It now looks like he might attempt to slip it in. We should be cheering, not "slamming". Cheers
PS- Thanks for the hot tip, James

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com