Re: Amateur whipcracker

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from iax-minden-ppp0006.iamerica.net on February 16, 1998 at 02:26:27:

In Reply to: Re: Amateur whipcracker posted by Dan Borton on February 15, 1998 at 22:45:30:

: Thanks agian Dale. No doubt Raiders of the Lost Ark, played a large part in getting me started with whips, as it did with many of today's whip crackers. However I started a couple years after Raiders came out. In fact it was around the time of The Temple of Doom when I actually started getting serious about it. (so that would be closer to 14 years ago)

: Defiantly try out that Pole trick when you get a chance, I think you will find it helpful. Not only will it give you a more reliable target holder, but it also works well for performing wrap arounds.

: I remember the making of Batman Returns. Anthony DeLongis did a couple neat tricks during his segment. If you liked that performance, you would really like " The Art of the Bullwhip". There are some things in that tape that are outstanding.

: By the way, have you had a chance to check out the Bullwhip FAQ at http://www.juggling.org/help/circus-arts/bullwhip.html. If not you might want to check it out, there is some good helpful information there, including a few AVIs you can download. Talk to you Later, take care.

: Dan

Yeah, that's the very first site I ever checked out about
whips. I especially liked the part where it said that each whip
will have it's own curve, which is part of the personality of your
whip. And you should always roll-out and swing your whip along it's
natural curve. I make that first priority. I think I will saw a
notch through the middle part of the broom stick to slide the
plates into, and it would save tape, too!!! I have been wanting
to buy that Art of the Bullwhip tape for quite some time. I have
found that I can usually look at a whip move on video a couple
dozen times, then walk outside and duplicate it without much effort.
Just takes a little practice before that learning curve locks in.
I'm sure that if you e-mail David Morgan he will be more than happy
to autograph your book. I mean, the least you could do for someone
who just paid you in excess of $500 is to sign your name in a book,
right? I know I would!!!

-Dale Dassel
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments: