Re: Wested Jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Solo from 1Cust200.tnt1.har1.da.uu.net on December 25, 1998 at 07:51:56:

In Reply to: Re: Wested Jacket posted by B on December 24, 1998 at 19:15:52:

: : For anyone thinking of purchasing a Wested, first let me say it's a great jacket. I have the Raiders original. All you may have read in the forum is true. One word of caution: Since most of you will be purchasing it through the mail, I would strongly suggest you get measurements from a tailor. Remember, these are custom fit to your specifications. I went to my local dry cleaner and he took measurements. I tried the do-it-yourself tape measure thing and came up short on the arms. Also, if you're lean like me, and like the jacket snug, the side straps will hang and you'll end up stuffing them in the side pockets. You may want to have Wested make them shorter. Finally, be prepared for a very strong leather scent. I've had mine since the summer and I can still smell it when I walk in a room. Anyway, the jacket's great and looks exactly like the one in the movie. You won't be disappointed.

: How much did you come up short on the arms? Couples of inches? Did you make sure your arms were straight down at your sides and have someone else do it or did you try it yourself and come up weird on the numbers. I had mine measured and I measured myself and came up with pretty close to the exact same thing. So I hope I get a jacket that fits correctly (crossing fingers).

It would have been enough to make me look pretty goofy. Also, since I live where it gets cold, and still wanted to wear the jacket in the winter, I added a little bit more room in the shoulders so that I could wear it over a sweater. I don't think you'll have a problem. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]