Not "Indy-like"?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0522.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.200.12) on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 at 7:33pm :

In Reply to: Stoppard's credits posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 at 6:35pm :

: Most of his credits aren't in really Indy-like, not even close. Shakespeare in Love, Empire of the Sun, Brazil... some are good movies, but not quite what I'd expect for Indy. Either they are trying for a "deeper" story or he's just polishing an existing script.

I don't think that got that much to do with it. Just because Stoppard hasn't been pegged as a writer in the action adventure ('Enigma' is coming out - supposedly it's got action and and a story, just like the vastly underrated 'Empire of the Sun') genre doesn't mean he can't do it. Good writing is good writing, no matter what; writers are creative (at least the good ones are). Just look at what Jonathan Hales has done these days: nothing new. 'The Scorpion King' proves it (and makes me shudder at the thought of Episode 2).
As has been said, the story is Lucas's brainchild (Do I hear all those "frustrated fans" get emotional?), and I would think that any writer who is hired to work on the script will just go over the existing material, flesh it out and have it approved or keep working on it. And then there are two more egos that need to be pleased. And that's what's probably been holding up the movie for the past few years more than anything else: three huge egos.
FG
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: