Oh come on!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0522.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.200.12) on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 at 0:02am :

In Reply to: Re: Not "Indy-like"? posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 at 11:41pm :

: : I don't think that got that much to do with it. Just because Stoppard hasn't been pegged as a writer in the action adventure ('Enigma' is coming out - supposedly it's got action and and a story, just like the vastly underrated 'Empire of the Sun') genre doesn't mean he can't do it. Good writing is good writing, no matter what; writers are creative (at least the good ones are).

: I'm not saying he can't do it or that he won't be great. I just can't read the 'tea leaves.' With the complete lack of actual information, I'm prone to analyze every little scrap of info. I enjoyed Shakespeare in Love and Brazil, but in this case it looks like "past performance is not an indicator of future performance." The aspects of those movies that I enjoyed don't have anything to do with the appeal of Indy movies.

: --Micah

"With the complete lack of information, I'm prone to" not speculate at all about the skills of any screenwriter involved. I firmly believe Lucas and Spielberg know what they want and how to get it.
Anticipation is usually fun, but 13 years of anticipation have left me a bitter old man. ;)
So, what are those aspects that make the Indy movies so appealing to you? Don't tell me it's his hat! :p
FG
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: