Re: I really doubt it; Fedora's just a thug.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Thursday, April 25, 2002 at 12:23pm :

In Reply to: I really doubt it; Fedora's just a thug. posted by Fall Guy from pool0134.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.198.134) on Thursday, April 25, 2002 at 3:29am :

I go along with FG's theory, but to answer your question, yes, that theory has been batted around for some time, both here and at other forums. Seems a nice, easy answer or fit, but like FG says, it just doesn't hold water for me either. He may be a rogue (Ravenwood) in some respects (dragging Marion around the world, leaving her a bar in Nepal et.al), but I also think he was of the Victorian ideal regarding honor in the science (as it was understood at the time) Regards. Michaelson

: Fedora from LC may have had some soldier-of-fortune charm to some, but he didn't come across as a "good guy", but as a hired hand instead. All he really did was stand around and utter one "deep" line, which seemed rooted in some 19th century cowboy ethics. From what I understand, Abner Ravenwood was an honorable fellow and not a wad-chewing demimonde.
: FG

: : I just read something on another board about the speculation that Fedora in Last Crusade was Abner Ravenwood, Marion's father.

: : Does anyone know any more about this? Where did this idea come from; the novels, perhaps?

: : I have always liked his character, and this puts him in a different perspective for me.
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com