My two cents

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from spider-wc071.proxy.aol.com (205.188.193.51) on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 1:26pm :

In Reply to: Not personal, just avid discussion.... posted by Fedora from 26-46.colcpe.cableone.net (24.116.26.46) on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 8:23am :

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fedora WAS Ravenwood. After all, what did they really reveal about ol' Abner?
1) He was Indy's mentor.
2) They had a falling out.
3) He wasn't a Nazi.
Now, Fedora may have been a hired thug, but he was working for what appeared to be a rich private collector, and I couldn't see him eventually drifting over to the Nazis to help Hitler, so that takes care of #3. However, I base my case on the end of the train scene: Indy escapes, and Fedora angrily curses. Then after a second he cracks what appears to be a downright wistful smile, like he's thinking "That dang rapscallion reminds me of me when I was younger." Later, he gives Indy the "you lost today" speech and hands over his hat. It almost seems like the character regretted the path his life took, and saw in young Indy a chance to take someone under his wing and make sure he did NOT turn out the same way. Also, the Fedora character's thuggish nature (hehe) would make the eventual relationship ripe for a falling out. Throwing a daughter into the mix would only make it all the more volatile. Dang it, now I'm looking too deeply into this!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com