I'm not surprised you like Fedora.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0044.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.198.44) on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 4:28pm :

In Reply to: Wow, for once I agree with you, Fedora! posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.179.240.87) on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 4:14pm :

That Fedora is Canadian, isn't he? :p
FG

: ...yeah, I've always had a soft-spot in my heart for the movie character of Fedora. Apparently this Euro-trash Fall Guy doesn't think so. ;)

: : : Fedora from LC may have had some soldier-of-fortune charm to some, but he didn't come across as a "good guy", but as a hired hand instead. All he really did was stand around and utter one "deep" line, which seemed rooted in some 19th century cowboy ethics. From what I understand, Abner Ravenwood was an honorable fellow and not a wad-chewing demimonde.
: : : FG

: : : : I just read something on another board about the speculation that Fedora in Last Crusade was Abner Ravenwood, Marion's father.

: : : : Does anyone know any more about this? Where did this idea come from; the novels, perhaps?

: : : : I have always liked his character, and this puts him in a different perspective for me.
: : : :
: : : :

: : ....and what part of that scene portrays him as such? All that I saw was an opportunist, that had honor enough not to kill anyone. He just wanted the cross back, and even went to the authorities to obtain it. Doesn't sound thuggy to me. Go watch the film again. Fedora
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com