Ah, to be a little guy again....................

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-132.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.132) on Friday, May 03, 2002 at 4:31pm :

In Reply to: Hey, how does Indy get his whip to hold on to stuff? posted by Jam from px2ht.ok.shawcable.net (24.67.253.204) on Friday, May 03, 2002 at 1:09pm :

I'm going to use an anecdote from childhood on this one, Jam.
When I was blessed with the dubious plaything that was my first bullwhip, I tried my luck at snagging the horizontal tree branches and bars of the playground, which wasn't too tough. The hard part was making the thing stay there without unwinding when I got daring enough to try swinging over imaginary chasms.
I was plagued with wondering how the hell Indy pulled it off all the time.
Accidentally, I discovered that if you drag the end of the whip through a puddle, the wet leather WILL indeed hold, at least to those tree branches most of the time. With this new success, I proceeded to swing around like a little monkey for quite a good while, until one fateful day the thing snapped in half and I went for a quick flight. (Fly, yes--land, no.)
It wasn't nearly the quality of whip that Indy carried in the flicks, I even knew that then, so I suppose that I took it pretty well. I also took it that my hero must have somehow always managed to have a handy puddle close at hand in order to snare stuff like that. Case in point, the rainy Castle Brunwald and the powerline to gargoyle trick. That one, I could have pulled off.
Since most of us aren't Quasimodo, though; when swinging from the architecture, let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com