Okay, Indy jacket lovers--how's this for a novelty?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-132.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.132) on Friday, May 03, 2002 at 5:08pm :

A while back, I posted how well a black cowhide US Wings Indy jacket managed to survive a knife attack, with said article of gear wrapped quickly around the left forearm to take the brunt of the slashing.
Inspired to find a tougher jacket when I voluntarily wrapped it around the end of the rack and took three swipes at it with a K-Bar sharp enough to shave with and seeing the resulting cuts, someone (I'm guessing to be funny) suggested that they weren't sure that the jackets were available in Kevlar.
Oh, yeah?
If you're curious, check out "Kevlar Body Armor" on MSN search. There is a company that will custom line your personal jacket in order to help you eat a bullet, or a wild swinging blade.
All the way from a light grade, to IIIA class, which is reported to be able to help handle a high-powered rifle.
Wow--for the thrill seeker and paranoiac alike.
How much would they like for this service? Remember how much you paid for your jacket? Well, take the retail price and multiply by three, by the look of the estimates offered.
Am I personally going to look into this? Well, not this very second, at least. There are more needy causes out there that need financial support that are more important than a little bit of an extra edge when the stuff hits the fan, so I'll still just take my chances until then.
Still, the thought of having perhaps the only bulletproof (read--resistant) Indy jacket in the world sounds like a real conversation piece, provided that the bad guys don't know any wiser.
No suggestions to take them up on the offer; just something interesting that I thought gear guys would find amusing.
Never forget, no matter how good the stuff is, nothing will ever make you invincible, so again, don't go looking for trouble. And hey, let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com