Yep, I think he was just a pre-teen when he played Wicket.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-132.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.132) on Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 1:34pm :

In Reply to: Did you know (I'm sure you did) but I'll ask it anyway... posted by Indiana Texas girl from sdn-ar-001txfworP298.dialsprint.net (168.191.176.36) on Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 0:55am :

I heard someone say that Mr. Davis was 16 when he played Willow Ufgood.
Now, did you happen to have seen those made for the tube movies of "Cindell and the Ewoks" all those years ago (back when Garbage Pail Kids and Twisted Sister were still cool)? Warwick reprised the fuzzy role, and greatly expanded the Ewok vocabulary in that one.
(As a side note, my long-suffering fiancee pointed out to me once when I was introducing her to Star Wars that there are times that the Ewoks are speaking Tagalog, the tongue of the Phillipines. At one point they say "That was close!" "He's dead!" and "No! No! No!" I'm not quite sure how she took that one..........)
Anyway, I got a kick out of "Cindell and the Ewoks" for the fact that the little girl's father was the jerk administrator from "The Breakfast Club."
Instead of running into the Quaker Oatmeal dude, she could have run into Judd Nelson or Emilio Estevez. THAT would have been a laugh.
Oh, and Warwick Davis was also the title character in the, well; pretty awful "Leprechaun" horror flicks. If those films have any redeeming qualities, it was all thanks to him. I thought he did really well in the part.
Anyway, I'm rambling on again.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com