Toht, truck chase dummy mystery: SOLVED!!!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by agent5 from spider-mtc-tf072.proxy.aol.com (64.12.103.52) on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 5:14pm :

I attended the Star wars celebration on Saturday in Indianapolis wearing full gear (minus holster) and had the pleasure of meeting some people from this board. Indiana Jonesing, Sallah, Indiana Josh, and one more I can't recall (I'm really sorry) but he had on some really sweet older Alden's and gave me the opprotunity to finally inspect a Flightsuits jacket. At this convention were 3 Indy cast members. 2 from Crusade and 1 from Raiders. The one who most interested me was Peter Diamond who was the stunt arranger on Raiders. He was also one of the Sand People from SW. He noticed my gear immediately and I was greeted with a big smile. Straight away he started talking Raiders with me. The biggest story he told was that HE was the 'dummy' in the front seat of the staff car. He said that Ron Lacey was told he wasn't needed for at least a couple of days of shooting and so he went on a trip. When it was time to shoot he WAS needed and could not be found so Spielberg picked Peter to fill in and told him to be perfectly still in the front seat, so that's exactly what he did. I said he did a marvelous job because we all thought it WAS a dummy. He got a good laugh out of that! So in fact there was no dummy at all. He also talked about other scenes he was in. He was in Cairo as an assassin. The first guy seen in the mirror of the truck as Indy see's the Nazi's on the side. He jumped off the ladder as the truck side-swipes the building. Also, he was the 'Toht' who ran and jumped out of the window after burning his hand on the headpiece. I'm sure there's alot more. He went on and on and I loved it. I could have talked with him all day. The 5 hour trip was well worth it just to see him. He also signed my Raiders poster which is great and hopefully is only the start of a long list of cast/crew members to follow suit. Oh yeah, the rest of the convention was O.K. too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com