Re: Wested Jacket announcement

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on December 28, 1998 at 15:04:42:

In Reply to: Wested Jacket posted by Solo on December 24, 1998 at 15:14:35:

: For anyone thinking of purchasing a Wested, first let me say it's a great jacket. I have the Raiders original. All you may have read in the forum is true. One word of caution: Since most of you will be purchasing it through the mail, I would strongly suggest you get measurements from a tailor. Remember, these are custom fit to your specifications. I went to my local dry cleaner and he took measurements. I tried the do-it-yourself tape measure thing and came up short on the arms. Also, if you're lean like me, and like the jacket snug, the side straps will hang and you'll end up stuffing them in the side pockets. You may want to have Wested make them shorter. Finally, be prepared for a very strong leather scent. I've had mine since the summer and I can still smell it when I walk in a room. Anyway, the jacket's great and looks exactly like the one in the movie. You won't be disappointed.

For you "elder" Indy fans, being one myself, all I did was supply my height, weight, and my usual coat size. Nothing more. My coat is absolutely perfect in every way, including the straps on the side that I do not have to stuff anywhere, and I have more than enough room. Another announcement....I emailed Peter regarding the problem we were experiencing regarding the pocket stitching that was coming loose at the side pocket. Peter emailed me back saying that they were indeed aware of it, and were now using extra tacking those locations to eliminate the problem. Once again he comes through and addresses his customers products. If only every manfacturer were so considerate. Once again, I tip my fedora to you, Peter Botwright! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]