Re: And will again!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 209.raleigh-01rh16rt.nc.dial-access.att.net (12.76.233.209) on Monday, May 13, 2002 at 10:45pm :

In Reply to: You returned! posted by Inby from ? (198.187.135.242) on Monday, May 13, 2002 at 5:08pm :

What I really want from the dig is to learn Archaeology properly. Whether or not we find something is secondary. If I come away knowing the proper methods to use in the field, I will be very happy. If we make a significant find, so much the better. If we contribute a mass of data which can be used to interpret the site in its proper context, then that is just as good. This year I concentrated on using a shovel, finding artifacts in situ rather than in the screens, and being able to level a two meter quad to a "0" centimeter tolerance by eyesight alone. Next year I plan to get more involved in the documentation and record keeping.

By the way, the best shovel to use is a certain Union Tool Razorback. They are hard to find in this area, but they are flatter and much easier to use to get an even surface. People who do find them, bring their own to the dig.

"Last year I couldn't even spell "Archaeologist" and now I are one!" (Anejo Joe to the ETV camera man during an interview which will probably be cut.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com