You may as well be speaking Swahili.(nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ? (24.116.205.230) on Friday, May 17, 2002 at 7:13pm :

In Reply to: Boy, the way Glenn Miller played; songs that made the Hit Parade... posted by Inby from sdn-ar-001waseatP108.dialsprint.net (168.191.230.68) on Thursday, May 16, 2002 at 11:32pm :

: guys like us, we had it made... oh, sorry. Those were the days.
: Personally, I think it must be that 13 years of rumors have worn the sheen from the promise of another golden idol. Yeah, it's interesting, I suppose, but hardly enough to anticipate as a fresh and exciting chapter in some imaginative saga. Consider the latest Star Wars flick - virtually everything about it was hashed out and available for perusal on the Internet, and many people appear to evaluate it for its adherence to the expected and received wisdom, rather than its creativity or potential to be anything but an exercise in computer-generated effects. Same here, I guess. We live in a society in which creativity and critical thought are largely rejected as inaccessible and undesirous tools whose use conflicts with the process of self-congratulating play and the banishment of guilt. What role can Indiana Jones movies have anymore, unless they reject the functionalist ageism and doctrinaire inevitability evident in Last Crusade?
: Regardless of its production stage, Indy 4 is dead. Long live the betrayed promises of "Raiders".

: : ....that would have been excited about such news. Is it just me, or does it seem that this very exciting post drew a lackluster response? Where are all of those diehard Indy fans of old? Not griping, just curious as hell as to what has happened!!! Well, I for one am sitting on pins and needles in antiscipation. regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com