Relax, it'll never happen anyway...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from edtntnt10-port-87.dial.telus.net (161.184.202.87) on Saturday, May 18, 2002 at 2:01am :

In Reply to: Lucas should learn from Prequels for Indy IV posted by James from host-216-78-21-172.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.21.172) on Friday, May 17, 2002 at 12:06pm :

Besides Monsieur Lucas has NEVER directly written an Indy script. Yes, he's thought up the premise and the character, etc. (thus the "Story by George Lucas") but when it comes to the script, he's had guys like Kasdan take stabs at it and let Spielberg run wild with Lucas' visions. He's never written one word of dialogue. He's left the messy stuff to his buddies (of course, everything got his blessing). That's how it was then and it won't change now (assuming they'll film Indy IV)

BTW: LOVED EPISODE II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: After watching the new Star Wars film (which is pretty fun, btw), I thought I would offer Lucas some free advice, with regards to the next Indy film. (Since he now seems willing to heed fan advice following Episode I.)

:
: 1. Don't try to write any of Indy's romantic subplot, George.

: 2. See #1.

: 3. Use REAL sets. Put a bunch of actors in an empty room with blue and green screens, and see what kind of leaden performances they breathe into their dialogue. (Oh wait, you already did.)

: 4. Closely related, let's keep the (inevitable) CGI all but imperceptible. (ie. no computer-generated whip aiding Indy in wire-work acrobatics!)

: 5. No characters aimed at attracting children. A whole generation became fans of both Star Wars and Raiders while they were still in single-digits...and no, the Ewoks didn't have anything to do with it. Why have you never figured this out?

: 6. If it feels like you stole it from a serial you watched in your youth = GOOD. If it feels like it might make a nice filler level for the XBox game = BAD.

: 7. God, I'm worried about #1.

: 8. Most importantly, don't try to rewrite anything in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Don't try to tell us any backstory that was hinted at in that film. Leave your myths alone, because our personal interpretations of it are much better than anything you could ever make up 20 years later. We just don't get paid for ours.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com