Not to mention..

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 12:29pm :

In Reply to: You are a smart man, James... posted by Fedora from ? (24.116.205.230) on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 8:24am :

that the fact that Ford ibeing older is one of the reasons they're making the thing in the first place. They weren't interested in making Indy 4 before, or else we would have had it by now. Cheers

: : Actually, I think the kind of CGI you're talking about would possibly backlash against the film. I think a lot of the older fans (I'm talking about the 50/60+ crowd here- not just the twentysomethings that can remember back to `81!) might feel slighted to see Ford trying to apologize for being older.

: : Besides, there's something very intriguing about getting to see an older Indiana Jones on one great last adventure. Why cheat the audience out of that just to try and end the series with Ford looking like he did in Raiders?

:
: ....and hit the nail on the head. As many know, numerous adventurers have not been spring chickens. I know this goes against common thought of putting "youth" on a pedistal. (sp?) Well, youth is wasted on the young, and Indy should be shown as getting older while still having a bit of fire left in the constitution. Plus, I think it would do alot of older folks good, and perhaps make a positive statement regarding getting older. Personally, I am tired of pimple faced kids hogging the limelight. regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com