How sick...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from edtntnt12-port-167.dial.telus.net (161.184.206.167) on Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 3:42pm :

In Reply to: ITA, and. . . posted by German Mechanic from user-uivengj.dsl.mindspring.com (165.247.94.19) on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 10:08pm :

First off, Lucas has SAVED Star Wars now, second off, what a terrible statement to make. It sounds like you want someone to make a hit on Lucas JUST because of how he's made his movies lately? That's like saying you hope a plumber dies so he doesn't have the opportunity screw up fixing some kitchen sinks. There's more aspects to life than how a person performs at his or her given profession.

And whether Lucas will be deceased whether they get around to Indy IV or not, it is more than likely that he'll take a more backseat approach if your deathwish on George is not fulfilled. He's ALWAYS done Indy and SW movies differently. SW is solely the creation of him and him alone so he always has his hands immersed in it (whether he directs or has someone else). Indy is pretty much half-Lucas, half-Spielberg, it's called a COLLABERATION. Lucas has plenty of say on what goes into an Indy film, but Spielberg does more of putting his hands into the clay to mold a product.

These doomsday prophecies are getting tiring. If Indy IV is a stinkbomb, it more than likely won't have the entire blame resting on George's shoulders. Just relax, I'm sure Indy IV, whether it comes sooner or much later will probably turn out just fine.

: I know it's not a good thought, but i think it is in the best intrest in the Indy movies if George Lucas dies before he gets the chance to screw up another good series of films.

: : After watching the new Star Wars film (which is pretty fun, btw), I thought I would offer Lucas some free advice, with regards to the next Indy film. (Since he now seems willing to heed fan advice following Episode I.)

: :
: : 1. Don't try to write any of Indy's romantic subplot, George.

: : 2. See #1.

: : 3. Use REAL sets. Put a bunch of actors in an empty room with blue and green screens, and see what kind of leaden performances they breathe into their dialogue. (Oh wait, you already did.)

: : 4. Closely related, let's keep the (inevitable) CGI all but imperceptible. (ie. no computer-generated whip aiding Indy in wire-work acrobatics!)

: : 5. No characters aimed at attracting children. A whole generation became fans of both Star Wars and Raiders while they were still in single-digits...and no, the Ewoks didn't have anything to do with it. Why have you never figured this out?

: : 6. If it feels like you stole it from a serial you watched in your youth = GOOD. If it feels like it might make a nice filler level for the XBox game = BAD.

: : 7. God, I'm worried about #1.

: : 8. Most importantly, don't try to rewrite anything in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Don't try to tell us any backstory that was hinted at in that film. Leave your myths alone, because our personal interpretations of it are much better than anything you could ever make up 20 years later. We just don't get paid for ours.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com