Re: George can't win for losing.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-23-32.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.23.32) on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 at 11:00pm :

In Reply to: George can't win for losing. posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 at 1:53pm :

"If you can't enjoy Star Wars and Indiana Jones for what they are, then you're missing the point."

I agree completely. Now, is it too much to ask Lucas to just let us enjoy the films for what they are- and the way they were?

If anyone is taking this stuff too seriously it's Lucas. I mean, he's talking about basically locking the original films away, because they were "never really finished". It's 'Star Wars' for crying out loud! It's not like they were films that were only missing one or two minor elements and then they would've replaced 'Citizen Kane'.

The irony is, if anyone had suggested doing this twenty years ago...to the films that inspired the original trilogy...do you really think Lucas would've seen the 'artistic integrity' in such an act?

The Star Wars trilogy is the kind of thing that I like to only view every few years, something special that I don't like to watch over and over. Now, it would be nice (in ten years) to still be able to do that, wouldn't it?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com