Plus

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Forrestal from 66-106-175-34.customer.algx.net (66.106.175.34) on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 3:18pm :

In Reply to: The thing about multiple versions is... posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 1:46pm :

I'd like to add only a few more points to what Rundquist has so eloquently stated:

George can do whatever he wants with his movies. If you go and see a movie, you don't own it, but you pay for viewing it; no more, not less. Nobody puts a gun to your head and makes you buy tapes or DVDs of revised editions that you don't like.
Am I in favor of having the original version available? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean I'll go complain when Lucas adds Jabba into A New Hope, or when he cleans up some special effects. We're not talking Citizen Kane here.
Plot changes are more serious, even if it's just a minor incident like the one in the Mos Eisley cantina. And the reason I object is that my memory tells me that's NOT what happend the first time. If that Jabba scene is suddenly in there it doesn't compromise my recollection.
As for the old SW trilogy being souped-up, I think it's only in the best interest of making the old and the new trilogy match visually somewhat better.

-Forrey

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com