Re: Plus

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-21-153.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.21.153) on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 7:27pm :

In Reply to: Plus posted by Forrestal from 66-106-175-34.customer.algx.net (66.106.175.34) on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 3:18pm :

: George can do whatever he wants with his movies.

True. Legally anyway. But several factors make this a weaker argument than many fans see it as.

-Two of the strongest entries bear a different director's name.

-Meaning, all of the films are the result of the talent and inspiration of MULTIPLE artists, and Lucas is essentially saying that their art isn't as important as his new 'point and click' vision. One man's model spaceship is just as much art as Lucas' characters and dialogue.

-Nearly every great artist throughout time has denied that 'they' ever created anything. Hey, if Mozart didn't take credit, forgive me if I'm not sold on the pro-Lucas argument that 'HE did this or that'.

Hey, we all grew up with George Lucas, but it's silly to play the 'visionary' card every time he does something dumb. I enjoy the new prequels. But without that crude, unfinished original trilogy, they'd have very little resonance.

And I'd also enjoy a 6 film 'complete saga' version. I just don't see how he justifies burying the real versions. He should make both versions, OT and SE, available and see which set sells more. (Gee, I wonder.)

No, if Lucas thinks the old films are anything less than his new digital film, he's fooling himself and losing his connection with the real artist within him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com