Re: Indy DVDs theory

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hazelton from ? (63.238.122.135) on Friday, May 31, 2002 at 2:26pm :

In Reply to: Re: Indy DVDs theory posted by Rabittooth from ? (198.190.230.66) on Thursday, May 30, 2002 at 3:54pm :

: : Temple of Doom will look terrible when inspected under DVD detail. I can guarantee you they will tweak them a little.

: I agree with that...Raiders will hold up fine, as will Crusade...but there are some scenes in ToD that look awful and won't hold up to DVD quality scrutiny. (The water rushing scene through the mine cart tunnel)

: -Rabittooth

Oh, come now! Hauptmann Vogel (or whatever his rank was) standing up and shaking his fist at the 'Hindenburg' as it floats away, the Tiger Moth vs. Messerschmitt fight and the ridiculous toy tank going over the edge of the 8-ft.-high dry creek bank, all in Last Crusade, don't all need a little help to look less cheesy? What I wonder is how they'll actually get it accomplished, if at all. Would they just have to rotoscope away those black matte lines, or pretty much go back to the originally-shot effects footage (i.e., before it was composited in the optical printer) and start over from scratch with just the live-action elements? I for one don't care if they clean them up or not, except that better effects on the DVD's might mean better sales for Lucas, et al, with today's audiences, used to a different standard in special effects.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com