I stood up for Harrison Ford yesterday!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.179.240.87) on Sunday, June 02, 2002 at 1:31pm :

Recently, I've been hired by Famous Players SilverCity (that's a movie theatre in Edmonton, considered one of the Top 5 movie theatres in North America BTW).

Yesterday I got to do "In-Front-Of-House Greetings." I don't know if any of you guys have witnessed this when you went to the movies (though I know Indy's Girl knows what I'm talking about :)), but basically it's where someone goes in front of the audience a few minutes before the movie starts and you introduce the film, how long it is, a reminder to turn off cellphones, and tell them about upcoming films that will play, etc.

Those are LOTS of fun. Most of the time the people are responsive and good to me, but one screening there was some big jerks. It was for "Undercover Brother," and a vocal minority clearly did NOT want to hear people like me introduce the film. When I mentioned that "K-19: The Widowmaker" was coming July 19th, some jerks booed it and this one idiotic girl said: "Harrison Ford is too old!"

They previously insulted me but I didn't pay them any heed. But not this time. I went to them: "Shut up! Harrison is the greatest!" Then the girl said: "No way, the man's too old now!" Then I said: "He could still kick YOUR butt." This prompted a whole bunch of people to laugh their heads off at my remark and it swiftly shut the dumb girl up. :p

They can say whatever the hell they want about me, but they can't diss Harrison! ;)

On a separate note, for other screenings when the people were cool, we dubbed "K-19" as being "Indiana Jones under-water." They really liked that. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com