Re: Indy 4...What would you like to see?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-21-220.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.21.220) on Wednesday, June 05, 2002 at 11:21am :

In Reply to: Indy 4...What would you like to see? posted by Man With Cool Hat from net24-164-114-191.neo.rr.com (24.164.114.191) on Wednesday, June 05, 2002 at 0:20am :

Nice topic, and some good ideas.

My choices would be:

EPIC INDY

If Darabont writes it, chances are it'll be over 2 hours. I'd like to see it be just a tad longer than the previous films, and have a bit more of an 'epic' feel and scope to it. (While maintaining a swift pace ala Raiders.)

ARTIFACT

I think this one needs something more than just another relic that will sit on a shelf. I think it should be something on a grand scale that Indy just HAS to go after. Also, not something that can simply be summed up in the film's title (ie. Indiana Jones and the X).

FATHER FIGURES

I agree that Henry Sr. should stay at home this time. He would be best used as a replacement for Brody's role in Indy's life. As for Indy being a dad, I'm not sure I'd like to see them attempt to get too deep in this department of the film, as too much of a psychological angle here could down the film.

One of the great things about Raiders was how much it managed to tell us about the characters, simply by having the information there in the little details (ala The Searchers). TOD and LC both attempted a more direct focus on character depth and, as a result, were prevented from maintaining Raiders' breakneck pace.

INDY IN LOVE

This is the angle I'd rather see explored, more so than Indy having any offspring. Even though I know they wouldn't use her, I think every fan wants to see Marion end up as Indy's love. I just hope the rumoured scene with Marion and Willie returning doesn't involve wedding bells.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com