Response to my own post with another idea...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Man With Cool Hat from net24-164-114-191.neo.rr.com (24.164.114.191) on Wednesday, June 05, 2002 at 2:10pm :

In Reply to: Indy 4...What would you like to see? posted by Man With Cool Hat from net24-164-114-191.neo.rr.com (24.164.114.191) on Wednesday, June 05, 2002 at 0:20am :

Is it ethical, or even sick to respond to your own post?!? I guess I'm just desperate for a new Indy. Anyway, Several months ago I had an idea for a new direction for Indy. I may have even posted it here as "AM", but I can't recall for sure.

In case I didn't, let me share it now and see if anyone likes or dislikes it. In LC, we all remember the scene in Donavan’s study where Indy is shown the Grail Tablet. At the beginning of the scene, Indy's back is to the camera and he turns quickly to face the camera as Donavan enters the room. He is wearing (if I remember correctly) his hat and an overcoat. That shot reminds me so much of the old detective movies from the 50's.

What if Indy was dressed in the same type of "civilian" outfit, and travels to New York or Boston to visit an old friend who is an Art Dealer. The Art Dealer is somehow murdered and Indy spends some screen time trying to find the killer. He quickly discovers a clue to a relic in a painting in his dead friends' shop. The killers searched for it, but missed it. Indy doesn't.

Hence, you would have a different dimension to the beginning of the film but would still end up on another adventure. The motivation for the adventure would be a combination of finding the killer / avenging the death, and finding the artifact.

Any thoughts?

M.W.C.H.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com