I'll have to watch for that one!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Friday, June 14, 2002 at 11:17am :

In Reply to: Raiders Father's Day Card found at Walmart posted by Indiana Texas girl from 1Cust7.tnt6.grapevine.tx.da.uu.net (67.203.109.7) on Friday, June 14, 2002 at 3:49am :

Strangest card I ever found and bought was one that said 'Merry Christmas to my Rabbi'. Explain THAT one? Wish I had kept it. I gave it to my father-in-law as a gag card, as it was on sale. (go figure! (grins)) Never saw it again. Regards. Michaelson

: I was at Walmart tonight looking at Father's Day cards. One caught my eye. It was a Raiders themed one. There was a pic of a Mole or Beaver or some animal dressed in gear holding what looks like a glass of chocolate milk and a sub sandwich and a bottle of spring water (I think) in his gun holster. Written across both the top and side margin is "Raiders of the Ice Box, Dad: The Movie."

: You open the card and there's a pic of a VHS tape on the right side with "Happy Father's Day to One Heroic Dad!" written on the VHS label. Then on the left side is a bunch of stuff like:
: "Edge of the Recliner Thrills!", "More entertaining than the Kid's excuses," and "Will he find preciuos bounty buried deep within its Freon tomb?"

: Kinda cheesy but I couldn't resist buying it for myself (I bought a different card for my dad.) That's weird...I bought a Father's Day card for myself...that will rank up there with one of the oddest things I've ever done. I guess if I'm ever on "Wheel of Fortune" I will have something interesting to mention.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com