Sure.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from WCS3.NORFOLK.NIPR.MIL (198.26.132.99) on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 11:17am :

In Reply to: Indy novels posted by bamindy from webcacheB05a.cache.pol.co.uk (195.92.168.167) on Thursday, June 13, 2002 at 2:00pm :

Well, graml gave you an accurate listing of the order.
I started out with "Dino Eggs," and just out of dumb luck read through the rest of the McCoy books in the right order. Then I picked up "Unicorn's Legacy" which, to me, read like an episode of Lassie with a higher body count.
"Seven Veils" was up next. The weakest one that I've read thusfar.
Then "Philosopher's Stone," which has my vote for the best one that I've yet read.
As of this writing, I'm approaching the exciting conclusion of "Dance of the Giants," which is actually a pretty good story. But it seems that it would have made a lot more sense if I had managed to read "Delphi" beforehand.
Ah, well.
From experience, "Peril at Delphi," if you can find it, is where to begin. I just wish that Mr. McGregor did a little more homework on the character of Indy before he began writing. At times, what he says flatly contradicts what another source (YIJC, for example) have already shown. Just a minor annoyance, though.
Happy reading!
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com