Okay, finished "Dance of the Giants" the other night...........

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from usimsptc10-170.usinternet.com (216.17.11.170) on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 4:28pm :

While on a rickety Greyhound ride through Dixie on a way to a buddy's wedding, I had the chance that I needed to get to the exciting climax of the book.
We have a winner! This has to be the best McGregor that I've yet read!
I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The premise made the book sound as though it might be as fun to read as the proverbial "watching paint dry."
I'm so glad that the story worked out well, in my humble opinion. It had the potential to be SO bad.
My only complaint, again, is that it seems as though Mr. McG doesn't care to do any homework on the character of Indy before he sets his gospel to the tale. I get the impression that Indy was to have killed his first fellow human being in this one. As the YIJC have already shown, Indy had been a trigger-puller since riding with Pancho Villa, and certainly did his share of enemy attrition during the Great War.
Granted, a few years out of action can sensitize a person again, I suppose. Either way, a relatively minor nitpick.
Okay, the point I'm trying to get across is, this is a pretty good one overall, and has my vote as McG's best thus far.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com