Re: Well....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from ? (64.14.248.62) on Friday, June 21, 2002 at 2:55pm :

In Reply to: Well.... posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, June 21, 2002 at 2:03pm :

So just because I don't agree with the way things (rumors, now) are going and don't think HF is aging well with his acting abilities, you ask why I hang out here? I'll try and make sense of that but don't see it happening. I'm here because I'm a fan of ROTLA and was somewhat entertained by the other two films. Simple as that.
As far as making some turkeys, yes, all actors will and have done so. But when you look at the material HF has been choosing lately, makes me think that his old manager was the real talent behind the man and now that he's in the 'agency' . . . just doesn't seem to be working out for him. Yes, the Duke and Clint continued to make great movies as they aged and the reason for that is they stuck with their myth. Which any actor worth his salt does. Newman, Clint and the Duke showed us what happened to the type of characters they played when they were younger as they age. That's why they stay so great. (With the exception of JW since he's long since passed) But Eastwood does his cowboy character and what happens when he becomes an old man, a thief when he gets old, a Secret service agent who has long passed his prime . . .etc. Sticks with his myth, his story that no one can tell but him. HF has abanded that with recent films and is trying to be seen as a sexy, romantic man and it obviously isn't working very well for him. Luckily he can still ride the coat tails of his younger, greater (NO better movie star, EVER, than a young HF) self and still gets offers. Which is the whole point of what I was so excited about Indy 4. What happens to this adventurer now that he's an old man.
Again, I know everything is a rumor now but if any of the recent rumors have any truth to them, I personally, will be extremely let down. Dean Martin knew when to quit singing. Sinatra didn't and that's why Dino will always be ten times cooler than ol' blue eyes. Not that HF should quit (unless he stays on the same path) but remember what story he tells and stick with that. And go back to McQueeney. she knew her job.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com