Re: I loved the movie!!!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, June 28, 2002 at 2:02pm :

In Reply to: I loved the movie!!! posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from edtntnt8-port-204.dial.telus.net (161.184.198.204) on Thursday, June 27, 2002 at 12:15pm :

In the words of Shakespeare, "the plot's the thing". I thought the movie was great myself. And Spielberg does still have it, without a doubt. Philip K. Dick (who wrote the short story the film is based on) has been in vogue in Hollywood for decades now. It is odd that although many movie storylines have been greatly influenced by his work, there hasn't been a greater number of film adaptions. I think that is going to change with the newer computer FX techniques. The real challenge of Indy 4 is going to be the story. Is the story that George Lucas has come up with truly compelling? That's the question. I have never been in doubt about Spielberg's talent (or George's for that matter) or Harrison Ford's age. If they deliver a great story, I believe that most people would feel silly complaining about details like Harrison's age. Topping what they've previously done is the hard part. I don't believe that they're interested in making the same movie over and over again (like the James Bond franchise). That's the trick, isn't it? Cheers

xxxxxxxxxxxx

: I definitely will plan to go see this movie again sometime in the near future! :)

: And yes, Ben. It's great to see Spielberg still has got "it", after thrilling moviegoers for nearly 30 years, the man still knows how to tackle a range of subjects and I can't wait to see what other films are still in his head. I truly dread the day when he dies (which won't be for a long time I hope). Who knows how many more films were still going through his head?

: Anyways, Minority was one hell of a thinking-man's blockbuster. It had great eye candy and it SERVED the story, rather than being a replacement for the story in lots of cases. It's my favourite film this year so far, also (even better than "Spider-Man"!).

: Bring on Indy 4!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com