Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye renovations...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Monday, July 01, 2002 at 11:49am :

In Reply to: Temple of the Forbidden Eye renovations... posted by Indiana Jun from spider-mtc-tj074.proxy.aol.com (64.12.106.54) on Saturday, June 29, 2002 at 6:43pm :

Sorta like when several of us were standing in line when the QM summit took place and I had a woman ask me essentially the same question. More specifically she asked if we were Indiana Jones fans. I said, 'no mam, we're a religious organization.' She nodded and walked off. I mean here are over a half dozen people dressed in leather jacket, fedoras, bags, whips....sheesh! (grins) Regards. Michaelson

: Hey fans, gearheads, and nimers!

: I just got news that the Temple of the Forbidden eye will be getting worked on next year. The attraction will be closed for the whole month of FEB. So if you guys plan to go to DL and want to go on TOTFE, try not to go in FEB. Heres whats planned...

: 1. the WHOLE temple will be getting repainted. Inside and out.
: 2. Safety gates will be added to the area where you board the jeeps.. uh, troop transports.
: 3. And POSSIBLY... THE ICE EFFECT MIGHT BE ADDED BACK TO THE ADVENTURE! But that is a BIG maybe.

: Its planned that the ride will be closed only for FEB. Maybe longer or shorter... What also sucks is that the WHOLE attraction will be closed. Not just the ride. I love just kicking back in the queue. Great place to relax and chat. And to trick other guests that you're a cast member if you're in gear that is. Here's a quick and funny story for you guys. Last time I went to DL, I went in gear. I got on the train at Main Street and a women in front of me sees me and said... "Oh... you work at the Indiana jones ride? I though you just like to dress up as him." "No, ma'am. Only losers do that..." Oh man... Was I trying to hold in my laughter. Have a good one guys.

: Best Regards,
: Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com