Hmmmmm.....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from ? (66.123.147.146) on Monday, July 01, 2002 at 2:38pm :

In Reply to: Well, if you think people would actually pay for it... posted by The Graduate from tarawa.nrlssc.navy.mil (128.160.117.226) on Monday, July 01, 2002 at 1:55pm :

You know, I have to say you are dead-on the mark with those specific points…

Collectively we have tried to open other areas for broader discussion on COW, and I'd agree the gear-focused line quashed what could have been good strings of conversation. I think it goes back to the incidents that shut down this forum for a time - during and because of which COW hit a critical mass in membership and traffic. Gear was for gear because an element here thought gear was over powering other areas of interest. Personally, I'd like to be able to fly at 30,000 feet on all Indy related topics on either site, and reserve "buzzing the treetops" on gear minutia over at COW. But it does not seem to be in the collective cards.

BTW - the freeloading remark was a tongue-in-cheek response to the comrade label you placed on my friend MK. I'm certain neither is accurate, and in hindsight neither is very productive.

Personally, I would be happy to pay $2.50 per month. It would allow for added features and functionality and would the community with a bit more longevity. A lot of time goes into maintaining the sandbox, and there are out of pocket expenses. Besides, the inmates would have more say in what the warden was doing! (grin)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com