idiot... I mean the knowledge OF Jun...(nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jun from adsl-64-172-91-114.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (64.172.91.114) on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 at 3:21pm :

In Reply to: You seek the knowledge Jun... posted by Indiana Jun from adsl-64-172-91-114.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (64.172.91.114) on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 at 3:20pm :

: FOOLISH MORTAL! YOU LOOKED INTO MY POST! Kidding Ulla... As for the Adventure Outpost, I do not know if it will also get a makeover. I hope not. If the attraction is going to be closed, I hope at least the shop will be open. Anyway... The "ice effect" was a really cool effect that they shut down because it kept on breaking down. When you take the left passage after you see Indy holding back the Gates of Doom, you enter the Tunnel of Torment and then you see the Mara, or the statue of her, above the bridge. A laser/light shoots out of her eye and destroys what it hits. BTW she misses the troop transport. Some god, huh? Back to the effect. The light hits the ceiling and a chunk of the temple is suppose to break off. This piece is made of ice. And they added some kind of florencent chemical to the water so it made the ice glow red or hot orange with the help of black light. It was a really cool effect but they had to stop using it because it kept on clogging up the machine that made the ice. Another reason for it clogging up was because the effect was not used for every ride. So the ice would just sit while the effect wasn't used which caused the machine to back up which cause it to break down in which cause Mickey to stop the effect. But hopefully they found a solution to this problem and I hope to see the effect working soon. Hope this helps!
: Have a good one!

: Best Regards,
: Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: