not bursting much of anything, actually

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from ool-4352b5f0.dyn.optonline.net (67.82.181.240) on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 at 5:28pm :

In Reply to: Not to burst anyone's bubble... posted by The Graduate from tarawa.nrlssc.navy.mil (128.160.117.226) on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 at 4:43pm :

Ben, it's not a bootleg, it's an official release, just from Hong Kong - with Universal and Paramount logos and copyrights and everything.

Licensing in different countries works different ways, for instance in England, DVDs of hollywood movies usually come out after they've already been released in the US. Conversely in England where there are no TV syndication laws you can buy entire seasons of shows like X-Files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer a few months after that season airs and months or even years before they're available stateside.

So there actually aren't copyright issues.

: But I don't know if it is a smart idea to post this kind of stuff here. There are copywrite issues involved, and, although I am not a lawyer, it could possibly cause problems for this sites webmaster. Also, I would rather wait for the real thing. At least the Back to the Future trilogy is coming out!
: Ben

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com