c'mon Forrestal

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from ool-4352b5f0.dyn.optonline.net (67.82.181.240) on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 4:13pm :

In Reply to: Not only that posted by Forrestal from 66-106-175-34.customer.algx.net (66.106.175.34) on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 3:48pm :

The point is why knock someone else's decision?

There might be some other Indyfans out there who might not want to wait, and I was merely letting them know I had a good experience and got a nice product from this one merchant.

If you don't want to buy them, that's up to you. No one is being forced to act on the info that I provided. I'm also sure most Indyfans are aware of the existence of these items on Ebay - but the Graduate comes across as wanting to censor posts and police discussions, which isn't really his place on this board.

I appreciate that other Indyfans weigh in with their opinions about what they would do (like you, deciding to wait) but I don't see the purpose behind criticizing other people's decisions about what they do with their money. Or, worse yet, trying to keep these topics from being talked about.

The fact that release dates for Indy DVDs are nowhere on the horizon while bootlegs and imports are proliferous is a viable topic in the Indyfan community - talking about it is not a copyright violation, and the Graduate's trying to squash the discussion coupled with his passing judgement on my decision is FASCIST.

: Who is more guilty? The one who offers the product, or the one who actually buys it? I myself will be waiting for the official DVD release for the US market. I mean, come on people, we have been waiting for years. What's another year? Or two? Do you think you'll miss out on instant-gratification if you don't get some cheap yet overpriced knock-off?

: -Forrey

: And no, I really don't like the idea of supporting the modern equivalent of slave labor in any country. So I don't buy Nike shoes or K-mart products.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com