Sorry, Jimmie if this is old news...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Graduate from tarawa.nrlssc.navy.mil (128.160.117.226) on Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 5:15pm :

But this was posted on TheRaider.net. Enjoy.
Lucas talks "Indy 4" with Swedish newspaper

Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - Aaron H
A Swedish newspaper, Aftonbladet, conducted an interview with George Lucas a few days ago, let's just say it brings about even more official confirmation. Here's a rough translation from a part of the interview:

(GL) "I wanted to see a movie such as Raiders of the lost Ark, but I didn't want to make it myself. So I asked Spielberg, and those kind of movies are what he likes to direct."
(JP) "I understand you are starting the next Indiana Jones?"
(GL) "All I need to do with Indy is to create the story and select the script-writer. I have come up with a plot that both Steven and Harrison like, so now I just have to get the writer going and then I'm done."
Writing Episode III Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford are now waiting for Frank Darabont to write the script based on Lucas's story. When you are reading this, George Lucas is sitting at his desk at the Skywalker Ranch.
(GL) "I am writing both Episode III and Episode IV in two different series. The third 'Star Wars' and the fourth 'Indiana Jones'."
They are both scheduled for release in 2005.

There you have it, Star Wars III and Indy 4 are both "full steam ahead" right now. We'll see which one crosses the finish line first.

Thanks to TheForce.net for the news and translation.

Ben

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com