It's a regular ghost story!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0268.cvx40-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (216.244.43.13) on Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 1:17am :

In Reply to: Thank you posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 3:20pm :

I'm always for a good mystery, especially if it involves secret organizations. I hear my great-grandfather was a Freemason, but I'm sure it's nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor (Though, it might explain that hidden door in our attic. ;) )
Michaelson, you've done a great job so far, and I'm looking forward to future chapters of your tale.
FG

: Just to reinforce my prologue, the first chapter is based on an actual event that took place to a close family member. Just to add (and not for dramatic effect either), he never did complete his translation in real life, and all of his research paperwork has since disappeared. I have only seen them once, and there were several stacks of bound notebooks in his handwriting that contained all of his notes regarding this 'black book' described in the chapter. The book is using his actual words in describing the book, as well as what occurred in the 'stacks' of the university library. I've been to those stacks since, and at night they are indeed a dark and forboding place, with an almost gothic feel, if that makes any sense. I can understand how events like what he described could take place in areas like that. Practicing 'covens' were known to exist in the area by rumor in his research area, but to directly contacted regarding this book was definitely something never heard of before. Real covens do not want any contact with anyone outside of their faith or practice, so to directly contact an outsider was an event in itself, let alone the reason. With those facts in place, you can see there is really flesh on the bones of this otherwise fictional account for Indiana Jones to explore. Regards. Michaelson

:
: : This is the first time that I have read this. I'm glad it re-surfaced. This could be a real nice story! I just read the first two chapters and plan to read the others soon.

: : Thanks for sharing this.

: : M.W.C.H.
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )