I have no clue...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from edtntnt13-port-235.dial.telus.net (209.162.160.235) on Sunday, July 21, 2002 at 8:24pm :

In Reply to: Last Crusade shown on Swiss television posted by Indiana Texas girl from 1Cust152.tnt5.grapevine.tx.da.uu.net (67.202.64.152) on Sunday, July 21, 2002 at 6:14pm :

: Hey guys...I was talking with a friend of mine in Switzerland a little while ago. He mentioned that he recently saw Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on Swiss-German tv. I was surprised because it was my understanding that there were copyright laws (or something along those lines) that prevented Last Crusade from being shown...hence why we've only seen Raiders and TOD on tv. I'm guessing that it's a U.S. regarding why LC can't be shown. If it is a U.S. thing, then I wonder if Canada can show LC. Can anyone shed some light on this?

...I don't really keep track of the Indy movies playing (I own two copies of the trilogy, why would I watch it with commercials?), but I remember Last Crusade playing on TV back in like 1995 or something in Canada AND the U.S.A.... on an AMERICAN channel (ABC). It was done to promote the Indy ride at DisneyLand and they had Karen Allen introduce the film and talk about the ride and stuff. So I have no clue where this forbidden copyright law for LC on US television is coming from.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com