There are two, make that three, legit reasons for using CGI.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0067.cvx40-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (216.244.42.67) on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 at 9:36am :

In Reply to: Indy is different from SW... posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from edtntnt8-port-154.dial.telus.net (161.184.198.154) on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 at 3:52am :

1. Sallah's beer belly has gotten way too large.
2. If I see another another limp mannequin plummet from a cliff, then I'm gonna scream.
3. If I see another bluescreen outline or poorly rotoscoped elements, then I'm gonna scream some more.

FG

: : I agree on your points, but there is only one thing that concerns me: George Lucas.

George is a "thing"? :p

: : He thinks movies are video games now. "How many CGI shots can we cram in this movie with a crow bar?" That would be a disaster. Hopefully Steven and Harrison will keep him from screwing it up.

Before CGI, he crammed as many conventional f/x shots in as possible. Maybe it has to do with the fact that most of his movies were special effects movies? ;)

: ...there just isn't the same need to put the amount of CGI into Indy that is done in Star Wars. Sure, there'll certainly be some put in, but to expect Indy to interact with countless CGI characters a la Jar Jar and company sounds to me like too much fear-mongering. Also, I thought the CGI-ing was done rather well in AOTC (Yoda looked fantastic!!), but again, Indy simply doesn't lend himself to the same extent of CGI that these SW prequels are doing. Indy is based in the real world, not a fantasy world in a galaxy far far away.

: Relax, I'm sure it'll work out just fine!
Hey Brett, not only did the CGI Yoday look fantastic, his acting beat all the others hands down. Even his lines were a bit better...
FG

:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: