Re: Looking for some bad guys...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 at 2:45pm :

In Reply to: Looking for some bad guys... posted by Fall Guy from pool0462.cvx40-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (216.244.43.207) on Monday, July 22, 2002 at 11:40pm :

Unfortunately, I personally can't see anyway they can avoid at least the mention of those topics, even if they're somewhere in the background, as that was the time that the Cold War just started heating up, and the Korean War was in full 'vigor' in 1952. All those open frontiers that Indy enjoyed prior to WWII would be totally closed now to his 'just hop on a plane and go' type traveling we're used to. I totally agree with the 'MASH' thought, as well as seeing him standing around in lines waiting for his papers to be checked before he could enter other countries....a practice that REALLY came into being during that time. We've seen enough movies with that theme, but then I grew up in the '50's, and really don't remember much else BUT the Red threat, and you KNOW more than that was going on during that period of time. I sure hope that Lucas and co. really do their homework and find us something different than the 'usual suspects'. Regards. Michaelson

: Let's see. LC was set in '38, right? If Indy IV films in '04, then Indy IV should be set in '52. That's before Krushchev came to power, and de-Stalinized communism. Mao was moving China south into South Korea. The CIA successfully overthrew the Communist Party in Guatemala in '54... Hmm... I dont want to see Indy in something like M*A*S*H. :p
: Still, these events will probably be the political background for the new Indy movie. I hope it's not going to come down to stereotypical Hollywood Reds and the Yellow Menace.
: FG
: :
: :

:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title: