Of course...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from ? (66.123.147.146) on Monday, July 29, 2002 at 7:18pm :

In Reply to: No hard feelings. posted by KyleS from ? (209.191.163.10) on Monday, July 29, 2002 at 6:29pm :

: : : : I'd be happy to do you the favor - and I'll even type slowly so you can keep up.

: : : : IMHO - a glorified video game is not art. Just my opinion.

: : : Patterson,

: : : I'm sure that all the ARTISTS (Model makers, painters, illustrators, animators, cinematographers, directors, writers, make-up artists, set designers, etc.) that have worked on these "glorified video games" over the past thirty years would love to hear how their hardwork, skills and imaginations are not art.

: : : -Kyle

: :
: : Well, I think you overstate what I said about as much as I overgeneralized. I'll call it a wash...

: ----------------------
: It's so hard to read one's "feelings" when dealing with words on a screen. One little misplaced word can change someone's whole interpretation. Also, as an artist I tend take the "What is art?" debate a little too seriously. Take care.

No sweat - I brought it on myself. BTW - when will you be down at Flight Suits? I've been looking for an excuse to play hooky for a day. Maybe Lee and some of the other San Diego area folks could hook up for lunch or something?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com