Re: 1950's was a great decade!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from cache-db02.proxy.aol.com (205.188.208.38) on Friday, August 02, 2002 at 2:23am :

In Reply to: Indy in the 1950's posted by Fedora from ? (24.116.205.230) on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 at 7:33pm :

: After reading a post below I started thinking about how weird it will be to have Indy in the 50's. Civil rights, the beatniks, Eisenhower, pedal pushers, hot rods, Sinatra style hats, those funny looking sunglasses, Elvis Presley, atomic bomb shelters, drive-ins with roller skating carhops. You get the idea. He was much better suited for the 20's 30's and 40's. I guess I like the era he was originally put in as much as I like the character. Fedora

In the 50's we had jazz and rock n' roll. Now it's some computor made synthesized crap. I personaly believe that the American Automotive industry reached it's peak. Today's cars just suck. Chrome was used liberaly, weather it was on a car or in a malt shop. Science was on a boom (no pun intended). Not everyone wore sinatra style hats. 2 1/2" brims were still in. Brims shrank in the 60's a lot. Then they disapeared. 50's was great.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com