Indy 4 magazine piece

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from ool-4352b5f0.dyn.optonline.net (67.82.181.240) on Friday, August 02, 2002 at 12:22pm :

so that cool Brit movie mag that did the Raiders Special a few months back, HOTDOG, has a new issue out with Harrison on the cover - this time as Deckard. The new cover story is Blade Runner to Minority Report: Making Philip K Dick's Future Shocks.

In that feature they have an interview with Spielberg which has a sidebar on Indy 4. The issue is worth picking up but hard to find so for my fellow Indyfans here's what it has to say:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INDY 4: SPIELBERG SPEAKS

"That's a ways away," says Spielberg, when asked about the fourth outing for the whip-cracking archaeologist. "We're not shooting until 2004, it's not coming out until 2005." Why has it taken so long to follow up 1989's Last Crusade? "I didn't like some of the ideas, I didn't like some of the concepts," he admits.

These concepts included such no-hopers as Indiana Jones And The Saucermen From Mars, funnily enough commisioned at the height of Roswell mania in the mid-90's, as well as another tale featuring a three-storey-high Nazi supertank that splits open, Transformers-style, to reveal a massive gun.

But now things are moving forward. "Finally, a concept happened that I like and that Harrison liked as well. George tells the stories, he conceives the stories, then I help write the set-pieces with whomever the writer is. But George is the one who crystallizes what this adventure is about. George came up with a pitch that Harrison and I thought was brilliant. We hired Frank Darabont a couple days ago to write the screenplay. Harrison's a real young guy at heart and he can still run and fight and keep up with the young guys..."

END

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com