What is really your problem?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KyleS from ? (209.191.163.10) on Friday, August 02, 2002 at 12:39pm :

In Reply to: Bad memory, Micah? posted by Fall Guy from pool0184.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.198.184) on Friday, August 02, 2002 at 0:48am :

: Has it occurred to you that I was also alluding to past posts that dealt with the same issue? No? What a surprise... The '20s, '30s, and the '40s have repeatedly been glorified here. I'm still wondering why. And I'm sure I won't get a decent reply.
: FG
: :
: :

FallGuy,

Big fricking deal! What do you care? Some folks just have a passion for certain time periods. It's like when someone asks, "What is your favorite war?" Maybe you like WWI, WWII, the War for Independence, the War beteen the States, Napoleonic Wars, etc. That doesn't mean it's a favorite because you love violence and killing or the destruction or even agree with the politics of that moment. It just means that there is something about that war that peaks your interest and draws you to learn more about it or see movies set in that era. People have a romantic or nostalgic view of different era's all the time. This is nothing new.

So I ask you again, why do you care if people here have an interest in the '20's, '30's and '40's? It's an Indy page and Indy just happens to be set in the '30's! So it seems likely that the folks frequenting this site are drawn, not only to the character and stories, but to that particular era as well. So move along.

Liberals. Can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em.

-Kyle

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com