Re: Nothing beats rocket tail lights and big fins.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from cache-db02.proxy.aol.com (205.188.208.38) on Saturday, August 03, 2002 at 0:27am :

In Reply to: Re: Nothing beats rocket tail lights and big fins. posted by Patterson from AC912B43.ipt.aol.com (172.145.43.67) on Friday, August 02, 2002 at 10:40pm :

: : Yeah, I love the '50s for some of the same reasons you have presented. Rock'n roll rules, baby!
: : I would like to add that the '50 were a great decade for movies. Directors like Truffaut had great influence on film makers anywhere (And especially on Spielberg, who actually cast Truffaut in 'Close Encounters' years later). Hitchcock made his best movies in the '50s. 'Rear Window' and 'Vertigo' are among my favorite movies.
: : FG

: : : In the 50's we had jazz and rock n' roll. Now it's some computor made synthesized crap. I personaly believe that the American Automotive industry reached it's peak. Today's cars just suck. Chrome was used liberaly, weather it was on a car or in a malt shop. Science was on a boom (no pun intended). Not everyone wore sinatra style hats. 2 1/2" brims were still in. Brims shrank in the 60's a lot. Then they disapeared. 50's was great.
: : :
: : :

: '55 Belair, '58 Impala, '59 El Dorado... heavy sigh...

Do you think we'll get to see Indy pilot one of these steel beasts? How about Indy in a convertable Thunderbird? Corvette? 1934 Crown Victoria with a four-on-the-floor, lake pipes, positraction. Hot Rod Indy! Trade in his wested for a James Dean style motorcycle jacket!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com