Just a couple of things..............

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from cache1.gordon.army.mil (147.51.18.10) on Saturday, August 03, 2002 at 11:45am :

In Reply to: Yeah, the '50s were nasty. posted by Fall Guy from pool0125.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.192.125) on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 at 9:17pm :

There's only so much emotion that one can deduce from typed word (case in point, your asking the reader to take note of intended sarcasm). As such, I really wasn't getting any sort of vibe that told me Fedora has a problem with civil rights, or any of the other things mentioned above.
And I, for one, am interested in the "golden age" of piracy (circa 1680-1730, give or take), although I can't honestly say that I was there for the festivities, either.
The era of Indy that we were presented with was described in the novels as being "a time when dreams could still come true," (which I feel sounds like a lot of self-defeating crap, but hey--whatever works for the author), but I also believe that the thirties gave us a real evil force that the audience of the movies could get behind and hate right away. Nazis, fascists; all those guys with their "can-do" attitude.
Maybe I am every bit as "blissfully ignorant" as some folks might say, but it seemed as though you took a fairly innocent post on a decent topic and turned into an attack on someone else. Yes, I took your advice and looked up the history of this place. I see where you were coming from before, and that you and a few other people here have real problems with the other. But why not just let it go a little bit now?
When you mentioned civil rights, it's a little funny how UNcivil you can be at times........
Let's be careful out there.

PS--as for the Klan in the thirties, those happy good-ole boys were at their hey-day in the twenties, when membership in the club was at an all time high. They sort of dispersed again with the Depression, but came back in full swing pretty much right after WWII (as Brett and I discussed awhile back).

PPS--Contrary to what poor Lilo was telling her blue dog, I hear tell that Elvis was hardly a "model citizen" off stage.......

PPPS--I'd say that any healthy male who can't appreciate young ladies on roller skates in short skirts bringing you your chow needs a time-out...........

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com