Is he really wrong?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from edtntnt8-port-116.dial.telus.net (161.184.198.116) on Sunday, August 04, 2002 at 2:17am :

In Reply to: Re: Overanalysis posted by Fedora from ? (24.116.205.230) on Saturday, August 03, 2002 at 5:07pm :

Allow me to quote the techno artist Moby in his liner notes of his latest album "18":

"...I used to be ideologically inflexible. I used to be a rigid Vegan, Christian, Dance enthusiast, Marxist, etc. I was so locked into my beliefs that I genuinely believed (in the late 80's and early 90's, by the way) that I was right and that anyone who disagreed with me was wrong. Luckily time has passed and I've (hopefully) become less of an ideologically uptight jerk. I'm still a vegan and I love Christ and dance music (the Marxism has fallen by the wayside...) but now I would never say that I was right in my beliefs or that someone who disagreed with me was wrong. The only time I'm willing to say that someone is wrong in their belief system is when their belief system compels them to feel justified in violently forcing their will and their beliefs onto other people. I guess that democracy and a belief in an individuals right to self-determination would be my fundamentalism now."

Words to live by, I think...

But hey, I'm glad to hear that you'll uphold Fall Guy's right to be "wrong" just as I'll uphold your right to be wrong too, old man. ;)

: : FG,

: : I think you read more into things than intended. Fedora's list seemed to be things that one does not associate with Indy, not "things that are bad."

: : Perhaps I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's something I give you as well or I wouldn't be writing this message.

: : --Micah

:
: ...as I was a wee lad in the 50's and the list was just what came to mind at the moment. It is just hard for me to imagine Indy in the 50's after seeing him in the earlier years. FG was thinking too much once again, and that can be dangerous if you don't have a few years under your belt to temper opinions. FG, you can call me what you want, but saying that I am racist and against civil rights is an injustice to me. I have never, ever spoke up for racism, and never will. That I think homosexuals exhibit aberrant behaviour somehow pisses you off. Tough shit,old boy, but I call em' as I see em'. Anyone in their right mind knows that something is bad wrong with these folks. And this is the issue that caused the rift between us, that and the fact that I am not a moral relativist. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, and I respect your right to be wrong. You are, you know. regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com