Belly-ache and the "Hebrew" invocation.............

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from cache1.gordon.army.mil (147.51.18.10) on Sunday, August 04, 2002 at 11:46am :

Wanted to post this newsflash a few days ago, but the old memory just isn't what it used to be (I attribute this to getting hit on the head repeatedly--I can't seem to spell words without doubting myself as well as I used to either, not to mention other little annoyances......)
At any rate, Jake took a most welcome time-out a few nights ago in the company of a few servicewomen, and a freshly purchased "Raiders" in the VCR.
One of them enjoys watching the tube with closed-captions, and I often find that it helps me to make sense of dialouge I might not have heard right in the past (case in point, Indy telling Dan Ackroyd in "Temple" just before taunting Lao "Owe ya a gin!" For years, I thought he was saying,"Oh, ya did!" as in, "Great job, Al!")
So, in the wee hours of the morning, we reach the climax, and Belly-ache begins the ceremony to open the Ark. The subtitles told us what we were hearing was (PRAYER IN HERBEW).
One of my sisters in arms grabbed the remote and backed that up. Then she did it again. She played that three times back to back. Then it dawned on me that she is a fluent Hebrew linguist; both modern and with enough classical (Biblical) to know what she's talking about.
Point is, whatever Belly-ache was babbling about, it wasn't Hebrew of any sort according to her, and that's good enough for me.
Just wanted to help her enlighten the masses, and I could start by sharing this with a group who might actually care.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com