Re: Kenner's Arabian Horse

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 04, 1999 at 07:45:46:

In Reply to: Kenner's Arabian Horse posted by Rik Duel on January 03, 1999 at 18:14:30:

: I've read somwhere that the Arabian Horse for Kenner's Adventures of Indiana Jones action figure line was recycled from their earlier Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid line.

: I was just thinking about it and that would mean that somewhere around there should be 3 3/4" Butch and Sundance figures, right? Anyone ever seen these?

: Kenner's (Hasbro's) has a habit of recycling old toy moulds for their Star Wars line. (Many of the vehicles released for their Power of the Force line over the last couple of years are from old moulds in new colours and paint jobs) I wish they'd do the same with Indy.

: Please lets see Indy IV prompt Hasbro to revitalise the 3 3/4" Indiana Jones action figure line!

Yep, I remember the old Butch and Sundance toys. Came out in about '69 or '70 and were based on their old Lone Ranger action figures of the mid '60's. You're right, they LOVED to recycle old molds, and apparently still do. Those old Butch Cassidy toys were usually offered through the catalog departments of J. C. Penney and Sears at Christmas time, as I recall. I don't ever remember seeing them in stores myself. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]